Tuesday, October 23, 2007

It's a little hard to keep up with anything!

I am trying to remember everything day to day that I need to do. I started back to work full time about 2.5 weeks ago and my brain is in a constant frenzy! So, here's a summary of the last, ummm, week?

During the day the kids stay with my mom while I'm at work. I try to make sure I leave some 'assignments' for the kids to do that I print off the computer. I've slacked off this week so far, but I'm going to get back to it. They are doing well with her, I'm sure she's stressed out though...I know 2 3-year olds can take a toll on anyone. They're doing pretty well though, getting smarter every day. Gamma does what she can to contribute to their learning while I'm away. So the days go like that, some learning, some TV, some clean up time, etc. etc.

Monday 10/15 ~ Not a whole lot going on here, got home from work, made dinner, after dinner Raegan decided it would be cool to dress Daddy as Sleeping Beauty! What fun for everyone that was. Shortly after that Logan comes prancing out wearing Mommy's bra! Oh so exciting for Dad to see that one!
Tuesday 10/16 ~ Again, nothing too special going on. Same drill coming home...highlight of the evening would be the concert the kids gave us in the living room. They LOVE music and Raegan busted her moves on the 'drums' (tupperware turned over and wooden spoons) and Logan showed his stuff on the 'guitar' (aka spatula). They were quite entertaining :)


Wednesday 10/17 ~ Regular work day. I like my job, I just don't like that I have a job. Make sense? My job is relatively low on the stress scale, easy people to work with, very close to home. It's good, but it's work and I'm away from the kids. Anyhow, this evening was very special! Uncle Donovan was in town tonight because his job brought him here. He was only here on Wednesday evening and left early Thursday morning. We had a lovely Roast for dinner...mashed potatoes and carrots. My mom cooked and we had a big family dinner. The kids LOVE their Uncle D and had a ton of fun with him. They are still asking "Where's Uncle D?" It was a nice night, was good to see my brother, and the kids really enjoyed themselves :) A couple of other misc. pics from that night...kids being kids, check out Logan's shoes LOL!


Thursday 10/18 ~ Today is library day for the kids, my mom takes them from about 10-11am. They really love it, it's very interactive and varied in activities in comparison with any other library time they've had. I was able to go to one of them before I started back to work and I was totally pleased with how well it's run and how many activities the kids get to do. So they did that today and checked out some new books (all of which we HAD to read at bedtime...again).


Friday 10/19 ~ Thank Goodness!! Tonight we went to Wal-Mart, well you read the story on that one, lol...what an adventure! I'll have the photos up soon for all of these adventures :)

Saturday 10/20 ~ Today we went to Sea World, the Halloween Spooktacular Event! How much FUN was that??? The kids got to dress up (Tinker Bell & Peter Pan) and trick or treat in Sea World. There were special events/performances also. The childrens music band "AudraRox" was there, Raegan totally loved it...she was jamming out! All the kids got to go up on the stage area and dance, we now call Rae "Rock star Raegan". Just as the show started Logan stumbled off his seat and did a face plant into the railing...I completely thought he broke his nose. He was hysterical :( He cried so hard that he ended up just falling asleep. He slept through the whole concert, so no dancing photos of him :( When he woke up he was alright though and he doesn't even have a bruise! After Sea World we drove about another 45 minutes North and went to a night time pumpkin patch! There was a hay ride, hay maze, and creepy crawly barn with snakes an stuff in it for the kids to look at...and pet if they wanted. It was really neat. Each child chose a small pumpkin and we bought one large one. Good time! They did well traveling and slept all the way home. Mommy and Daddy were so tired we almost stopped at a hotel but we managed to stick it out for the 3 hour drive home! Fun fun fun!!



Sunday 10/21 ~ Nothing too special, I spent the day cleaning house, the kids took a nap, woke up and went to the store with Daddy while I finished cleaning. Since they woke up late from their naps (5pm!) they were up late. Chuck's schedule at work changed and for 2 weeks he'll be starting at midnight, then after that he'll start at 4am and work til about 1:30pm (indefinately). So because of this, Chuck had to go to bed very early. So I had to stay up with the kidlets a little later than desired. We watched a movie, "Casper Meets Wendy", and after that I put them to bed (10pm)...well they were up til about 11 talking and I finally gave up and just went to bed...I was way too tired to wait for them. They ended up falling asleep and staying in bed after I went to bed. That was CRAZY.


Monday 10/22 ~ Nada mucho to report, first day/night of Chuck working odd hours. Kind of hard to adjust to, but we'll make it work. Logan has taken to coming into our bed in the middle of the night. I don't let the kids sleep with us, but I haven't been noticing his arrival and by the time I notice it's a waste of time to bother taking him back...so that's that. We hang out at my mom's house in the evening so it's not overly loud for Daddy to sleep.

Tuesday 10/23 ~ Same ole same ole. Work was busy for me today which made the day go quickly. I have taken to staying up later than I should...I guess I'm getting used to these new hours too. I figure if I stay up long enough that I'm exhausted, I'll fall asleep easier. So that's the approach. It works, except I'm having a little struggle waking up in the morning (go figure). I'm sure I'll grow tired of being tired and just go to bed. So, that's that I guess. Tomorrow's another day!

Photos to come :)

No comments: