Monday, October 29, 2007

Saturday & Sunday...

So, I obviously didn't keep track over the weekend so here's what we were up to...


Saturday ~ We just went to the mall, bought a few Christmas gifts for the kids, nothing real big...it got a little stressful because the kids got tired cranky (tired) and that's never good for the parents if you know what I mean. They fell asleep on the way home, then woke up a little later, and then to bed. Wasn't the best day, but it was alright. We got some great deals on The Disney Store toys, but thats the only store we got to because of the temper tantrums.


Sunday ~ We cleaned house for the first part of the day and then it became pumpkin carving day :) See the photos below...we saved the seeds and baked them. They came out great :) We also saved the 'guts' for pie making. The kids thought it was cool, and they loved the way they turned out. After pumpkin carving, Daddy went to bed (starting work at midnight on Sunday), and I took the kids to the local church's 'Trick or Trunk" event. They went in the bounce house, got a lot of candy, and had corndogs and soda for dinner. They thought it was a great time. Afterwards we went grocery shopping, they were pretty good, and then home and to bed. Very busy afernoon/evening!










Monday ~ Today we (the kids and I) made the pumpkin pies!! We haven't sampled them...we were able to make 2 pies out of what we saved. So Raegan helped with the first pie and Logan helped with the 2nd. We made them at my moms house because Chuck's still on the odd hour shift and we didn't want to wake him up. The 2nd pie was still baking when I brought the kids home to put them to bed. The first was still to warm to cut, but it looks and smells delicious! I'll have to update on that tomorrow. It's my first try making homemade pies (the crust is store bought though). The kids were pretty good, they are going through a 'listening impaired' phase right now and it's driving me CRAZY! I have to yell to get them to listen anymore, I just can't stand all the yelling. I can tell you I don't want them remembering me as a screaming parent, but I'm just slam out of ideas to get them to listen to me on the first try...and believe me I have tried SO many things! Feel free to leave a comment or any suggestions. Oh and another thing, they have been 'visiting' my bed at night (mostly Logan), at first I didn't care much, but the longer it's been going on the more sleep I'm losing. It sounds ridiculous but because they wake me up when they get in bed I'm getting interrupted sleep almost every night. Not cool...at first I would get up and take them right back to bed, but I'm so tired I just don't have the energy to do it. Last night I did, and I suppose I'll have to continue doing that if I want them to get the idea. So, here's to a hopeful good nights sleep!

No comments: