Monday, August 25, 2008

Housewarming, some family, and another 1st day.

Saturday's "housewarming" party went very well. We had some friends and family present, lots of food, and a really great time. Thank you to those who gave 'gifts' it wasn't required, but none-the-less appreciated. It was nice to see our friends in family enjoying our home as much as we do!

Included in the party were my 2 Aunts, Debbie and Bit (Darlene), my cousins Andrew & Jackie (and their 3 beagle pooches), and our friends: Jamie & Jeremy, Paul & Terri, and Debbie & Henry. It was nice to see them all. The kids just ADORE their aunts and cousins and got so excited to see them all. We got to spend a little more time with them Sunday, the kids swam at my moms with Andrew & Jackie, and my aunts, parents, and myself sat down to watch a movie together before they had to leave and head back for Tampa. I'm so happy they made the trip over!!! LOVE YOU GUYS!

On a more depressing note, my best friend Mary's dad passed away early last week. The funeral was Saturday morning. My dad and I attended and it was one of the most sad things I've been part of in a very long time. While I didn't know Linn very well, it hurt my heart to see Mary and her mom, Nancy so sad. What a terrible, terrible thing to have happened to such a wonderful family. My heart goes out to them, may he rest in peace.

The kids went back to school today. I guess it was kind of a 2nd first day for them since after their real first day, school was canceled the rest of the week. It went well, Logan did really well being left this time. I think his real first day was enough to establish a bridge of trust with his teacher. That's all he needed. She asked that we work with him holding a crayon correctly as 'homework' but otherwise, they are both doing well with it. Raegan is in her own little heaven. I think they're both going to enjoy their schooling at 'Little Beginners.' Their drawings and first day things were really cute too :) I'll try and get some photos of their work to share with everyone.

Today we found out that despite our best efforts, we'll only be refunded 1/3 of our security on the other house. We are absolutely THRILLED to be finally completely done with that house. It was no less than a thorn in our sides. So, although we didn't get back nearly what we thought we deserved, every little bit helps. It's a relief to be done with it though.

Plans for tonight: Start the spaghetti sauce when I get home (has some chicken chunks in it) and get dinner started. Work for a few minutes with Logan and his crayon/pencil holding. Play with them, maybe build a train track or play Candy Land...or we can play with the ball/bat outside. Have dinner. Bath time. Story time. Bed time! After they head to bed and fall asleep it's off to the gym for mommy! Somewhere in all that I'll squeeze in 1 or 2 loads of laundry as well to keep it as current as possible.

Well, I better get back to work now!

1 comment:

Hartson family said...

Sorry I missed the housewarming... sounds like it was a good time. I'm glad my family was well represented.