Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Vacation plans, T-Rex arms, and Fatty McFat

So, with our Portofino bull crap, we've decided that the most responsible route we can take at this time in regards to the vacation to the cabin in the mountains, is unfortunately to cancel it. We can't pull together the funds fast enough to be content there without being stressed about it. So, we're now trying to figure out what we're going to do in the meantime for our vacation. We will of coarse have to do something locally, but oh well. The important thing is that we'll be off of work and away from all the stupid-ness of day to day life. I'm guessing it's going to be camping or Disney related, but we have yet to decide and the search is on. We don't have much to spend so we need to decide based on that! We do plan to do our cabin in the woods vacation next fall though, so at least we have time to plan for it and something to look forward to!

I went to the gym last (as usual on Mon-Thur) and it was 'arms' night. For some reason my arms took more of a beating last night than usual and they are a bit achy today making them feel heavy to operate, hence the T-Rex arms...everything from the elbow up is what aches the most so imagine operating phones, etc. with just your forearms moving LOL. Now picture me, T-Rex-ified. Not fun, but hopefully worthwhile.

Speaking of the gym, what the hell? This is my 4th week going and I've gained 5 lbs and a whole lot fat is sticking out. It's gross. My pants are WAY too tight to be even remotely comfortable. I was warned that toning my muscles would push the fat forward, but DAMN, the fat needs to start melting off because I am seriously uncomfortable! Ugh. I see why people quit the gym.

2 comments:

Hartson family said...

Doesn't sound like a glorious day for you. Don't quit the gym just yet. I'm sure you'll work through it. Man, do I miss you guys. Let me know what you decide for the vacay. Maybe a theme park you never go to would be fun. We've been sticking to low-cost fun too. Petting zoos, camping, pools, picnics, etc.

Deena said...

I won't give up...I know part of my problem is I'm working out, but I'm not eating as well as I should be. That doesn't help. I don't know what we're doing but I'm guessing it'll end up being Disney related LOL. It always is...