Thursday, August 21, 2008

A little catching up to do...


So, like most of these ‘blog’ entries I have to preface it with, “Wow, it’s sure been a long time since I’ve posted anything!” I guess I should just resign myself to the fact that I’m no good at keeping up with this sort of thing, but it’s nice to have around to occasionally update friends and family.


Let me try and sum things up as quickly and painlessly as possible:
- January: Early in the month we returned from our Christmas holiday in Chicago and stopped on the way home at Disney for I believe it was 4 nights. The kids had fun, but they were so ready to just go home. I think 2 week vacations are a bit much for them to handle.
- February – Chuck and I went to Disney World as a ‘Valentines’ getaway. My mom kept the kids for a long weekend. We actually made it to all 4 parks in one day. We were so tired, but it was so fun!
- March – Chuck’s birthday!! We had a little party at our house, he got some new ‘boots’, jeans, and a couple of shirts. Yep, I said boots! Also Easter, was nice, the kids got a few fun things and had a great time hunting for the eggs.
- April – We decided we’d like to buy a house since the market is perfect for it! We closed on the house at the end of April (a little quicker than we had anticipated resulting in us having to pay out our lease at the rental…they were total jerks about it and it’s been really tough on us!).
- May – We wanted to ‘take our time’ moving in but we were totally anxious to be out of the rental. So we moved just about everything over to the new house in the first 2 weeks there. What was left behind was stuff that needed to be stored or goodwill. The kids birthday party was at the new house as well and they had a TON of fun. We had a giant water slide for them, some friends, cake, and pizza. It was nice and they got a bunch of nice things! Grandma & Frank (from Chicago) came down for the party as well and the kids had a bunch of fun with them. We painted almost the entire house (the kids’ bathroom has yet to be done) and planted a few trees/plants. There is still a bunch to be done, but we have plenty of time! Mother’s Day was AWESOME! I got a cute little puppy (Pixie) and a whole new kitchen set-up (plates, utensils, glasses, pots/pans, etc). Very awesome!!
- June – Andrew and Jackie’s wedding!! We saw a bunch of family and had a great time. I was lucky enough to be their choice as photographer. What a learning experience that was! All of the squatting (about 9 hours worth) made my legs hurt so badly that I struggled walking for a FULL week!! Yikes. The photos came out pretty well, of coarse I saw room for improvement, but they seemed to like them. Father’s day! The kids made Daddy cards and I got him one. It was unfortunately the first month of double house payments and spending a bunch on Daddy was sadly not an option. We’ll make up for it though when we can.
- July – Well, there was the 4th of July spent in Tampa this year re-roofing Pawpaw’s house! What a joy that was…not! A lot of hard work and the occasional set back (like say falling through the roof). It was nice to see the family again, but it was pretty tense for everyone. Mostly the guys did the roofing and the girls took care of feeding them and watching the kidlets. It worked out and the roof is lookin’ good!
- August – Finally I’ve made it to the current month!! As always, never a dull moment. This is our first month without a 2nd house payment and we’re still trying like hell to catch up only to find out they want to hold most of our security deposit because a few koolaid stains on the carpet (in my opinion normal wear and tear over a 2-year period of renting it). Not a good thing. We’ve decided to carry on with a house warming party regardless and have invited local family and friends…just a little casual gathering with some hotdogs J The kids’ first day of school (pre-kindergarden) was on the 18th and was quickly shut down on the 19th and for the remainder of the week because of Tropical Storm Faye. It’s been raining here for 2 full days and we’ve started the 3rd. Not fun. It’s like living in a cave and people’s moods are steadily heading downward. Chuck and I have joined the gym this month and I’ve been pretty good about getting myself up there. He goes straight from work and while I started out doing that I quickly realized that I was ending up with not enough time to spend with the kids. So when they go to bed at 8 I hurry up to the gym because they close at 10. Makes for a long day….but hopefully worthwhile (although I’m not loving any results I’m seeing so far…week 3!).
Well, for now that about sums us up. If you made it through all of that you are the woman/man! Again I’ll try and keep up better in the future, but I can’t make any promises. Here are a few shots of the kids…1st day of school and then playing in the rain resulting from Faye (Pixie had to get in on the rain fun too!).



No comments: