Thursday, November 6, 2008

Halloween has come and gone...

Seems to be the nature of the beast anymore...time flies and I find myself wishing away hours of each weekday and hoping that the hours will somehow end up in my evenings or early mornings...the only time I really have with my family.

SO halloween! It was fun :) The kids got to dress up for school and had a big party there, came home with a TON of treats. I made them little grab bags to give to their friends and rather than candy I put a small activity book, some crayons, play-doh, a ball, a slinky, and a sheet of stickers (they were monster bodies and body parts so you take the body off the sheet, put it on a piece of paper, and basically build a monster). They turned out nice...no clue what the kids or their parents' thought of them, but I liked them. In the evening we went around my moms neighborhood with a TON of other kids and they got another big bag of candy each...so we have a ton. Greeaaaaaat, just what I need. I didn't take any pictures with a real camera, just the camera phone.

Raegan's ballet is going pretty well. She isn't the most focused in the class but she does love it and they say she's doing ok, so I guess I'll believe them? She isn't quite past thinking it's a game or play time and realizing that it's something to learn, guess we'll see if she wants to keep doing it when she hits that point. Her Nutcracker performance is coming up...Saturday after Thanksgiving. She's really excited about that...and so am I. I think it'll be adorable!

They are both doing pretty well in school. Not too much on the time-out or mean Mr. Ben these days, so Logan must've figured out how to behave.

Chuck started his new shift working 11:30 am - 9pm. It's ok. He wakes up at about 7 and get the kids ready and takes them to school then he does his own thing...goes to the gym, whatever. Comes home at 9, hangs out and goes to bed. He's frustrated with the shift and his job and wants to just say screw it and move back to IL. That should solve all of our problems, right? Yeah...exactly. I would love to be able to move back there and if we both had jobs and daycare lined up for sure, some way to sell our house now, and pay for the move I'd pack my sh*t tomorrow and leave this weekend. It doesn't work that way though...or maybe it does and I'm the idiot who can't see how?

So, I guess that about sums up my life. Work at a job I hate and get underpaid for, go home and rush through the evenings to get the kids to bed at a decent time and try and squeeze in some quality time with each of them, make dinner, clean the house up after everyone goes to bed, make sure the dogs don't smell disgusting, scoop the cat litter, finish editing photos that people have paid me to do, spend time with my husband when he gets home, go to bed, get up and start all over. Every day. Yay. <

1 comment:

Hartson family said...

URGGHHH, Life is hard, isn't it. I'm sorry I'm not there to give you a break once in awhile. But, what can I say, you guys are awesome and you always make the best of whatever life throws at cha. Love you guys! Keep your smiles on. It makes life a little easier.