Monday, September 8, 2008

Another weekend gone and we are steadily rolling through September...I just can't believe how quickly time flies by anymore. It started picking up speed after the birth of the kids, I was amazed then how quickly days went by and how fast their little faces changed. Now it's nearly blinding...just bought Raegan some size 5 shirts and Logan is in a boys size 6...no more baby clothes for him...she can still range from 4T-5/6 girls, so I have a little more variety for her (and it's a little cheaper on the 'T' side of things). I just look at them now and see little boy/girl, not baby. How bittersweet that the time should go so quickly. In a flash I'll be sending them middle school...then high school. Wow.
So, not a lot going on really...we made it through the first week of midnight shifts and we all pretty much hate it. Oh well. I'm geared up for another stressful week that'll fly into a weekend that in turn flies by. I hate that. We had a fairly nice weekend I guess, not really any major happenings. We attempted to go shopping Saturday and that was foiled by a tired little girl, and then Saturday night we hung out with our friends again (that also have a 4 year old) and stayed up far too late, once again rendering Sunday a useless sort of slug day. I really can't keep that business up, staying up til 4 or 5 and getting up at 8...not workin' out so good for me physically...guess I'm not 20 anymore.
This Friday we were supposed to meet up with a friend with twins for Mickey's not-so-scary halloween, but it's looking bleak actually. I would've loved to go, but I think we'll be better off saving that money towards our own vacation in October. I really can't wait.
Today's plan, work as usual...try and get an impressive amount of things done. I have to get out some thank you cards!! I need to go grocery shopping and clean at least my bathroom that is really gross (to me anyways), and somehow fit in an eye dr. appt at 5pm, time with the kids, and have them clean and to bed by 8pm. Not a lot of time there...ugh. Well, I guess I better get the ball rolling here at work.

1 comment:

HarryJack's Mom said...

Hey Girl! LMK how the teacher email goes...I'm dropping off and picking up and still not sure of their day, tho it was just the first day so maybe it all settles out and works better. GL with it!