Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ugh!

I'm having an ugh sort of day today. I'm just getting more and more annoyed that I come to work to sit on my butt and do nothing...and not see my kids while I do it. I'm seriously counting minutes until I can leave.

Anyhow, on from that. They seem to be adjusting well to school and the teacher has gotten better about communicating whats going on. I have a few more questions for her, but I'll get to them...nothing super pressing. Raegan is doing well, the teacher has to drum up new things for her to do to keep her going. Logan gets frustrated about writing, holding his pencil, etc. but he's getting better. He needs constant encouragement because more often than not he's telling me he 'can't' do it. He's a smart little dude, he just takes a little longer for certain things to 'click'. That's fine, it's just a different approach. The one concern of mine is the teachers husband. They also run a daycare and he pretty much deals with the little ones while she works with 4 year olds. Well, he's not exactly a 'charmer' and is the mean one. Logan is always telling me that he doesn't like the guy and that he puts him in time out. He tells me why he's in time out and I've agreed with it every time so it's ok. Well, yesterday he said the guy held his hands and put them in his lap "hard" and it was mean. Now that bothers me, so I'm going to have to watch this biz. He doesn't need to be forceful with the kids. Put them in timeout, but i'm not thinking grabbing their hands/shoulders or whatever is a good thing. Chats to come about that shiz.

Saturday morning at 10 Raegan has her first ballet class. Then at 1 she 'auditions' for the Nutcracker. I'm guessing the audition is to see how quickly she can catch on and follow instructions. She'll do well, I just know it. It's going to be a surprise, so I know she'll be excited. I'm leaving it up to Logan if he wants to do ballet or karate, we'll check out either he chooses. So, that information is yet to come! Should be fun though. They'll love having the activity that's for sure.

Well, I guess I should go back to doing absolutely nothing while looking busy. Yippee.

3 comments:

Hartson family said...

You'll just have to tell me if Logan picks karate or ballet. Carl took ballet, but only because his mom and sister chose for him. I'm glad to see them into activities. I'd like Billy to start piano lessons. We'll see. Everything costs money and that's one thing we're short on with two house payments. Thinking of you all the time!

Hartson family said...

And what's the deal with that husband of the teacher stuff. I'm not liking the sound of that either. Stay on top of it Mom. I know you will :)

Deena said...

Yeah, I don't know what's up with Mr. Ben. He is a jerk, you can pick that up almost instantly from him. She is fantastic though and is about 95% in charge of the class. I guess if she asks them to do something more than once Mr. Ben steps in as the disciplinarian. I think Logan will learn to just sit and listen so he doesn't get in trouble.

We are going to let Logan try both ballet and karate and choose from that. So as long as the karate try isn't Saturday morning, then he'll go to ballet with her.