Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A little bit of this, a little bit of that...

So, Labor day weekend! Thankfully it was 3 lovely days long :) Friday night the kids and I met my friend Jamie and her 4 year old girl, Emily, for pizza! It was tasty (as usual) and afterwards we went home and just chilled.
Saturday morning at 10 Pixie had another appointment to get some more puppy shots and get her spay scheduled (it's sometime this month...I think the 25th. We got to Petsmart (where her vet is) and I looked over at the kids when we got to the coutner (back of the store) and Logan had plopped himself on the floor in the middle of the store and was a terrible shade of white (absolutely zero pink in his lips). I was like, "Whoa! Are you okay, bud?" He just sat there with this blank stare looking at me without knowing what to say. So I put the pooch down, handed the leash to Raegan, and picked him up. We got back in the room (they were fast) and they took her out to trim her nails and give her shots and he proceeded to throw up in the sink in the exam room. Yikes! So we left, got half way home and he threw up ALL over himself, his seat, and a little on the seat under his carseat. So I had to strip the poor thing down to his undies, take is carseat out and put it in the back of the van, put a towel down on the seat and put him in it so he didn't have to ride home in vomit. Luckily I had a small packet of wet wipes that I used to clean him up. We stopped at my moms house, washed the carseat, his clothes, and cleaned the van. Everything is back to normal now and he was totally back to himself by 1pm in the same day. He ate 3 helpings of everything at dinner that night! Nothing funky with Raegan yet, so knock on wood it was a fluke! We did nothing Saturday to make sure he was back to good!
Sunday I had a photo shoot for a baby's dedication. I got home from that at about 1. Took the kids to eat at Boston Market, went to the park with them, came home, cleaned the kitchen, had pizza and booze with some friends, hung out, and stayed up WAY too late...again (4am), got up at about 8:30, went to breakfast with everyone at 10, cruised A1A in the Jeep, went to the mall, had some Subway, bought a couple books, went home so Chuck could go to bed. I had some yummo Ramen noodles, Raegan had Cocoa Puffs, and Logan had mac n cheese (and then cocoa puffs). What a dinner!
A shizzy new schedule. Chuck is back to working midnight-whenever and it sucks. We were in a pretty good routine with the kids starting school, dinner, gym, etc....now it's a little screwy and we have to work out some sort of schedule to get it right. He thinks its "probably" temporary (maybe a month or so) and then he'll have normal hours once they get that shift in order. It's not cool, but we'll get through it as best we can.
The kids' school was closed Thursday through Monday and sure enough Monday night when I was getting my loves to bed, Logan's apprehension kicked back in. It took me an hour to get him to stay in bed and relax. He was asleep by 8:30 or 8:40 so still not bad, but he was set that he did not want to go back to school today. So, my mom dropped him off and said he did just fine. No tears or hesitation, he just needed to get there and remember that it's still ok. I need to devise some sort of 'plan' to get more involved from the sidelines. I don't pick up or drop off the kids so I don't have interaction with the teacher. I will have to see if she'd be willing to e-mail me what they are doing/learning, what their snack for that day was, if there were time outs or any behavior problems, what they like to do at school, etc. Gives me a path to discuss what they've done with them. They aren't so great at remembering, so the best way for me to engage conversation is to have some sort of guideline. So, I'm working that one out...
Enough for now.

No comments: